Thank you for your interest in the KU Business Leadership Program (BLP). The University of Kansas School of Business BLP is looking for students who have the potential to be leaders and make positive impact at the KU School of Business by the ability to organize and inspire others to achieve a beneficial goal. Student leaders should also be strong students with outstanding communication and analytical skills. Admission to the BLP is highly competitive and decisions will be based on the materials included in your online application. By applying, you are also providing permission to the selection committee to review all academically-relevant information submitted on your KU application.
Students who wish to be considered for the Business Leadership Program must submit a complete application by 11:59 PM (CST) Dec. 1. Once submitted, applications may not be changed. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
It is strongly suggested that you prepare your essay questions and resume before starting the application. The selection committee is asked to evaluate your application using 3 primary criteria: leadership/impact potential; academic potential; and the quality of the application itself. Please do not submit the online application until your materials are ready to upload. You may not save an unfinished application. Only complete applications will be considered.
A complete application includes the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- City, State, Zip
- Preferred phone
- A list of all courses taken during final year of high school.
- The highest level of mathematics course taken prior to graduation from high school.
- ACT or SAT mathematics sub score.
FOUR ESSAY RESPONSES
Your written responses will be evaluated for the quality of your writing, content within, and your ability to provide a focused response to the question. Please note the word limit for each response.
- In one (1) sentence, explain why you have decided to study Business. (30 words)
- BLP is a unique leadership program looking for students who have the potential to make positive impact through leadership of fellow students. Please provide a specific example of how you have positively impacted others. (250 words)
- Describe an idea, a topic, or an experience which has excited you intellectually. Why did this topic interest you? What specific elements stood out to you? What did you learn about yourself as a result? (250 words)
- Is there anything else that we should know about you that you have not had the opportunity to include in the BLP application? (50 words)
Please upload a one-page professional resume to your online application, using only Word or PDF. The resume may include but is not limited to: leadership experience, internship/work experience, co-curricular activities, school and community service involvement, and special awards and honors.
To apply, fill out an application online.