Minor in Business
Our Minor in Business includes six courses that address the core concepts of business. Students are required to take one course in each of the following areas:
- Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
- ACCT 205: Survey of Accounting (or ACCT 200: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting)
- IST 205: Survey of Information Systems (or IST 202: Introduction to Information Systems)
- MGMT 305: Survey of Management and Leadership (or MGMT 310: Organizational Behavior)
- MKTG 305: Survey of Marketing (or MKTG 310: Marketing)
- FIN 305: Survey of Finance (or FIN 310: Finance)
- SCM 305: Survey of Decision Making in Business (or SCM 310: Management Science and Operations Management)
Today's top employers are searching for well-rounded students in every field, specifically, students who understand the foundations of business.
How to Declare a Business Minor
In order to declare a minor in business, students must have a major at KU other than business. All business minor courses must be taken for a grade; credit/no credit is not permitted.
Declaration of the Minor
Students are strongly encouraged to declare the business minor as early as possible. Complete the declaration of the minor form to declare your intent to pursue a minor in business.
When the student has declared a minor in business, completed the six courses required with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better, and applied for a degree with the Office of the Registrar, the minor is granted.