Minor in Business
Our Minor in Business includes six courses that address the core concepts of business. Students are required to take one course in each of the following areas:
- Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
- ACCT 200: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (or ACCT 205: Survey of Accounting)
- FIN 310: Finance (or FIN 305: Survey of Finance)
- IST 202: Introduction to Information Systems (or IST 205: Survey of Information Systems)
- MGMT 310: Organizational Behavior (or MGMT 305: Survey of Management and Leadership)
- MKTG 310: Marketing (or MKTG 305: Survey of Marketing)
- SCM 310: Management Science and Operations Management (or SCM 305: Survey of Decision Making in Business)
Today's top employers are searching for well-rounded students in every field, specifically, students who understand the foundations of business.
How to Declare a Business Minor
In order to declare a minor in business, students must have a major at KU other than business. Before enrolling in business minor courses, students must have passed ENGL 101 and MATH 101. All business minor courses must be taken for a grade; credit/no credit is not permitted.
Declaration of the Minor
Students can declare the minor at any time during their studies, but are strongly encouraged to declare as early as possible. Complete the declaration of the minor form to declare your intent to pursue a minor in business.
When the student has declared a minor in business, completed the six courses required with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better, and applied for a degree with the Office of the Registrar, the minor is granted.