Jayhawks on the Job
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the School of Business that allows students to "shadow" a business professional or attend a “company visit” during the course of a workday.
Jayhawks on the Job is held in the month of March through April 15th. Student applications will be available in January and are due by February 12th.
What are the objectives?
- To provide students with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field and the business world.
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and refine their career goals.
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with business professionals.
- To provide an opportunity for the business community to interact with KU Business students.
How does it work?
- Students indicate their field or fields of interest (e.g. marketing, human resources, tax, investments, information systems, etc.).
- Business professionals and companies are recruited from the Kansas City and surrounding areas including Topeka, and Ottawa.
- Students are matched with business participants based on field of interest.
- Some company visits/shadowing experiences will accommodate multiple areas of interest and are noted according to the host’s area(s) of expertise. Some companies, due to privacy reasons, hold more of a company visit/tour rather than a specific job shadow experience. We have found both experiences to be of value.
- Transportation will need to be provided to the job shadow site by the student. Job sites will be located within 50 miles of Lawrence including the Kansas City area, Topeka and Ottawa. There may be a few companies in the Wichita area that can be assigned for students visiting the Wichita area during spring break.
Who are the student participants?
Target: Undergraduate students enrolled in the School of Business.
Who are the business participants?
Target: Working professionals, if possible alumni from the School of Business.
Mandatory Match Meeting--Student Attendance Only
If you are matched with a host/organization, you will be contacted by the BCSC by email and expected to attend a mandatory match meeting.
Employer Host Application – Please submit an application by January 15, 2016.
For more information, contact: