How to Apply for Ph.D. Programs
All application materials should be submitted online (including transcripts). Please do not send paper documents.
Students are admitted only once each academic year at the start of the fall semester. For entry in the fall, January 31st is the deadline. All applicants are encouraged to apply early. Notification of admission and financial aid will be made by April 15th.
You must have a completed application file prior to our review. Incomplete applications or applications received after January 10th will be considered for the next calendar year.
A complete application contains the following:
- A completed KU Graduate School application
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores OR Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores from all international students or from applicants whose native language is not English sent from TOEFL or IELTS.
- iBT minimum score to apply is 100; IELTS minimum score to apply is 6 Total Band and at least 5.5 in each component (listening, reading writing, and speaking)
- NOTICE: To accommodate non-native English speakers who may not be able to access testing centers due to the COVID-19 outbreak, KU Graduate Admissions will be accepting English proficiency scores through the Duolingo English Test. A score in the range of 115-120 or higher is considered for admission. The TOEFL iBT Special Home Addition is available in select countries for test takers. More information and exam registration can be found at Duolingo English Test.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study completed to date
- Three letters of recommendation received directly from the persons writing the letters
- A non-refundable application processing fee of US $65 for domestic applications and $85 for international applicants payable to the University of Kansas
- Statement of Purpose
If admitted to the Program, please request official transcripts to be sent to:
The School of Business
Attn: Doctoral Program
1654 Naismith Drive
Lawrence, KS 66045