Current KU Students
Apply to the KU School of Business
Current KU students are eligible to apply to the School of Business during the semester they will complete the minimum requirements (see below).
The application deadline for fall admission is Feb. 15 and for spring admission is Sept. 15.
What if I become eligible to apply at the end of the spring semester?
If your GPA prevents you from completing the minimum requirements prior to the Feb. 15 deadline, but your spring semester grades raise your GPA sufficiently, you may re-apply* for fall admission before June 15.
* Please do not re-apply until grades have been recorded and you are able to demonstrate having completed the minimum requirements.
Minimum competitive application requirements
Students who meet the following requirements will be admitted to the School of Business:
- Junior standing (60 credit hours)
- Completion of six pre-admission foundation courses (must be taken for a grade)
- ACCT 200 – Financial Accounting 1
- ACCT 201 – Managerial Accounting 1
- DSCI 202 – Statistics
- IST 202 – Introduction to Information Systems
- ECON 142 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 144 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- Earn at least a 3.0 GPA in both overall GPA (all college coursework, including all repeated transferable courses) and in KU overall GPA (courses taken at KU only)
- Earn at least a 3.0 GPA in both overall professional GPA (all business and economics courses taken, including all repeated transferable courses) and KU professional GPA (business and economics courses taken at KU only)
Students who earn less than a 3.0 but greater than a 2.5 GPA in their overall, overall KU, professional, and KU professional coursework may apply for and will be considered for competitive admission. However, admission is competitive and subject to the School’s capacity to deliver programs and courses and therefore not guaranteed for such applicants.
International students - TOEFL requirement
International students whose native language is not English must meet additional standards regarding English-language proficiency. Such students are required to take the TOEFL iBT in the United States and achieve a minimum total score of 92 and minimum subscores of 23 on the written and speaking components. Exempt from this requirement are students who have completed four years of college preparatory English and graduated from high school with a 2.5 GPA in one of the following places: United States of America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, an English-speaking province of Canada, an English-speaking Caribbean country, or a US-accredited school located abroad.
What if I'm not a current KU student?
The steps below describe how current KU students can join the business school after having completed the application requirements.
If you are an incoming freshmen, applying to KU for the fall term, please see our Future Freshmen information. If you are a transfer student, the admission process is very similar but there is additional information for you on our Transfer Students page.