Current KU Students
Apply to the KU School of Business
Current KU students are eligible to apply to the School of Business during the semester they will complete the minimum requirements (see below).
The application deadline for fall admission is Feb. 15 and for spring admission is Sept. 15.
Minimum competitive application requirements
- Junior standing (60 credit hours)
- Completion of six pre-admission foundation courses (must be taken for a grade)
- ACCT 200 – Financial Accounting 1
- ACCT 201 – Managerial Accounting 1
- DSCI 202 – Statistics
- IST 202 – Introduction to Information Systems
- ECON 142 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 144 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- Earned at least a 2.5 GPA in both their overall GPA (all college coursework, including all repeated transferable courses) and in their KU overall GPA (courses taken at KU only)
- Earned at least a 2.5 GPA in both their overall professional GPA (all business and economics courses taken, including all repeated transferable courses) and their KU professional GPA (business and economics courses taken at KU only)
International students - TOEFL requirement
- TOEFL total score of 92 or higher, as well as minimum subscore of 23 on the written and speaking components of the TOEFL exam (see policy details below)
IMPORTANT: Admission is competitive
Meeting all of the above requirements does not guarantee admission.
What if I'm not a current KU student?
The steps below describe how current KU students can join the business school after having completed the application requirements.
If you are an incoming freshmen, applying to KU for the fall term, please see our Future Freshmen information. If you are a transfer student, the admission process is very similar but there is additional information for you on our Transfer Students page.