Business Honors Program
Application Eligibility and Deadlines
All applicants must be students in the University of Kansas School of Business, admitted to the KU School of Business, or in process of applying to the KU School of Business in the semester that the student is applying to the Business Honors Program. All majors in the School of Business are represented in the honors program.
- Should have at least 45 credit hours counting toward graduation with at least one semester completed at KU;
- Will be expected to have at least four semesters remaining before graduation (those with more than 65 credit hours will typically not be accepted);
- Must demonstrate high academic achievement and have an overall KU GPA of at least 3.5;
- Must have completed or be enrolled in DSCI 202: Statistics.
Successful applicants also will have well-documented profiles on exceptional involvement and leadership in the business school and/or at KU.
Students who do not meet the requirements to apply for the Business Honors Program but may be able to meet the requirements in a future semester and still fulfill the graduation requirements for the program should contact the director of the Business Honors Program, John Hedeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss potential options.
Two application periods are available to students each academic year:
- Fall: Application opens September 11. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. October 9, 2017.
- Spring: Application opens January 22. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. February 21, 2018.
To apply, fill out an application online.