A Ph.D. degree in business is ideally suited for you, if you are intellectually curious, enjoy learning new things, and have an analytical mind that enjoys solving problems and generating new ideas. In today’s knowledge-based society, business academia offers a financially secure and flexible career with an opportunity to critically and positively impact society. For more information on the Ph.D. program, view the KU Office of Graduate Studies' doctoral program profile.
- The University of Kansas is one of only 32 public universities that belong to the prestigious American Association of Universities, a select group of universities chosen for the excellence of their research and graduate education.
- KU School of Business is an AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accredited institution that has a small but high quality Ph.D. program, offering Ph.D. in business with concentrations in accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, decision sciences and supply chain management, organizational behavior and strategic management.
- The School has a highly motivated and qualified cadre of professors with interdisciplinary research orientation. Most of our faculty have Ph.D.’s from the top U.S. research universities including Carnegie Mellon, Chicago, Cornell, Illinois, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Ohio State, Purdue, U.C. Berkeley, U. of Michigan, UNC-Chapel Hill, USC, UT-Austin, UW-Madison, Vanderbilt, and Washington University-St. Louis.
- While past successes don’t guarantee future placement, many of our graduates have been placed at such leading business schools as Cornell, Duke, Ohio State, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin-Madison.
- In addition to full tuition and fee payment, all Ph.D. students are supported via research or teaching assistantships or fellowships. Subsidized health insurance is available through the university. Many students also receive University Dissertation Fellowships. Funding is also available to attend professional conferences.