To apply online, click on the click below.
The requirements of the PhD program are demanding and students must make sustained progress toward completing all degree requirements in four to five years. College mathematics, including calculus, is a prerequisite. Admitted students usually hold a Masters degree in Business or a related discipline. However, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly after obtaining their undergraduate degree in any discipline.
Applicants must demonstrate competence through a high level of prior academic performance and a score of 600 or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), however highly qualified applicants with a score below may be considered. Non-native English speakers must score at least a 600 on the paper-based, 250 on the computer-based, or 100 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or at least a 68 on the Pearson Test of English.
Finally, the applicant must demonstrate the ability for doctoral study through a record of achievement in professional and academic experience, as evidenced in letters of recommendation.
Deadline for Applications
All application materials should be submitted online (including transcripts). Please do not send paper documents.
Students are admitted only once each academic year at the start of the fall semester. For entry in the fall, January 10th is the deadline. All applicants are encouraged to apply early. Notification of admission and financial aid will be made by April 15th.
You must have a completed application file prior to our review. Incomplete applications or applications received after January 10th will be considered for the next calendar year.
A complete application contains the following:
- A completed KU Graduate School application
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores OR Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores from all international students or from applicants whose native language is not English sent from TOEFL
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study completed to date
- Three letters of recommendation received directly from the persons writing the letters
- A non-refundable application processing fee of US $65 payable to the University of Kansas
- Statement of Purpose
All application materials should be submitted online (including transcripts). If admitted to the Program, please request official transcripts to be sent to:
The School of Business
Attn: Doctoral Program
1654 Naismith Drive
Lawrence, KS 66045