School of Business fall 2020 operations
Jayhawks are taking a proactive, science-based approach to reopening campus and curbing the spread of COVID-19. Together, we resolve to protect ourselves, our community, and the greater good.
Information and updates specific to the School of Business
Updated at 10:45 a.m. Sept. 22, 2020
The School of Business will share information about its student services and Capitol Federal Hall during the fall 2020 semester on this page. Dates will be included when updates are made.
Find information on this page about:
Additionally, the KU Business Connect app, available for download in the App Store and Google Play, will be regularly updated to reflect the latest information regarding the School of Business and its operations this fall.
Messages to students
Preparing for the first day of fall 2020 (8/21/20)
Thank you, Business Jayhawks! (message to undergrads 8/31/20)
(as of 8/17/20)
Enhanced cleaning practices
- Sanitation stations and directional signs will be available throughout Capitol Federal Hall in common spaces and along hallways. Additionally, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be provided in each classroom.
- Additional information about cleaning protocols and disinfection plans can be found at protect.ku.edu/cleaning.
(as of 9/22/20)
Student and Academic Services
- If you have an upcoming advising appointment, it will be conducted by phone. If you need to schedule an appointment, please do so by visiting JayhawkGPS.ku.edu or by calling 785-864-7871.
- Students not in the business school, such as pre-business students, should call 785-864-7871.
- The Student and Academic Services (SAS) office also can be reached via Zoom from 8:30 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visit the Student and Academic Services webpage for information about how to connect with SAS on Zoom.
- Limited in-person advising appointments are available. Students may request an in-person advising appointment by calling 785-864-7871.
Business Career Services
- To schedule an appointment, call the BCS office at 785-864-5591 or request an appointment through HireJayhawks.com.
- Log in as a student using your KU credentials and select “Schedule/Request an Appointment,” which can be found under “What would you like to do?”
- Follow the prompts to select a career advisor and meeting time. Your appointment will be confirmed through the BCS front desk.
- Before your scheduled appointment, a career advisor will contact you directly with a Zoom meeting link, unless you have requested a phone appointment.
- Information about additional career services and resources can be found at this page.
Business Communication Center
- Students can request an appointment with a writing or presentation coach by emailing email@example.com.
- BUS 305 students should use the online appointment scheduling system for their appointments, which are required for class.
- Students who would like to discuss revisions to their current study abroad plans or who would like to begin making plans to study abroad next year can contact Mattie Stevens, program specialist for Global Business Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-2430 to set up a virtual meeting.
- In addition to the physical health resources provided on protect.ku.edu, students in need of personal help are encouraged to connect with campus resources that help address psychological and emotional well-being. These include:
- The School of Business acknowledges the disproportionate effects that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on marginalized students and their communities. Students seeking support are encouraged to connect with the Undergraduate Business Council's DEI Task Force, including its PALs (Peer, Ally, Leader) program.
Reporting incidents of racial discrimination, harassment
- If you believe you have been the target of racism or some other form of discrimination and harassment, please report the incident to Institutional Opportunity & Access at email@example.com or 785-864-6414. For additional support, you can also contact the Office of Diversity & Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4904.
Reporting concerns about safety/protocols
- Report your concerns and observations regarding compliance using this form. If the incident occurred in the School of Business, please also send an email to email@example.com.
School of Business recruiting events will be held virtually. Prospective undergraduate students and their familes are encouraged to connect with the KU School of Business and learn more about what it means to be a Business Jayhawk at this page.