The 2017-18 application process for the Jennett Finance Scholars Program opens on February 13, 2017.
Learn more about the application process and the program. Get your questions answered and hear from current Finance Scholars.
- February 24 - 3011 Capitol Federal Hall, 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- March 8 - 3035 Capitol Federal Hall, 4-5 p.m.
Applicants will submit the following documents in PDF format and in the order specified below:
- Cover letter
- Advising Report with visible letter grades and GPAs
- Responses to the following questions (limit answers to no more than 250 words per question):
- What are your short- and long-term career goals?
- Why do you want to be a Finance Scholar?
- What would you contribute to the Finance Scholars Program?
- Describe a time in your life where it was difficult to do the right thing.
- At least one reference letter, professional or academic. Academic reference letters from KU Business faculty are preferred. Reference letters must be emailed to FSP@ku.edu.
Please make sure your application packet is complete before March 31. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Directions for Submitting an Application
- Login to KU Career Connections (Symplicity) - If you have not activated your account, visit 1130 Capitol Federal Hall to complete the registration paperwork.
- Click on the Jobs/KU Career Connections Jobs tab.
- Under Keywords, type “Finance Scholars”.
- Click on the “KU Finance Scholars Program” job title to enter the application and submit your resume and other supporting documents.
- Applications accepted: February
- Application deadline: March 31
- Interviews for selected applicants happen in early April
- Finance Scholars will be selected by late April
- FIN 302 will be offered in Fall 2017 on Fridays from 12:30 - 2:00pm.