Finance Scholar Profile
Finance Scholars make annual trips to financial firms in places such as New York, Dallas, Chicago and Kansas City.
A Finance Scholar:
- Shows a keen interest in pursuing a career in Investment Banking, Equity Research, Sales & Trading, Asset Management, Investment Management or Corporate Finance.
- Has superior academic achievement with a minimum overall GPA of 3.5
- Demonstrates exceptional initiative and leadership ability
- Is willing to commit to a 12-month participation in the program
- An initial $1,000 scholarship for the Fall semester
- Enroll in FIN 302 during the Fall semester and FIN 303, Spring semester
- On-site visits to premier financial institutions in such locations as Chicago or New York during early Fall
- Preparation to apply for a Summer Internship in Finance: resume review, phone and face-to-face mock interviews, interaction with guest speakers, financial accounting/valuation and financial modeling modules
- A $500 scholarship in the Spring (subject to successful continued association with the Finance Scholars Program).
- Complete the Bloomberg Market Concepts certification and the Wall Street Prep Student Passport modules
- A $500 scholarship in the Fall
- Completion of recommended coursework in Corporate Finance, Applied Portfolio Management, Valuation, Fixed Income and Derivatives
- Main job interviewing season
- Networking events in KC