Business Career Services presents Symplicity Jobs and Careers, an app to enhance our existing online Career Services resources.
The Careers app will be a key tool in managing your career fair participation, internship and job applications, and on-campus interviews with the BCS. Symplicity’s new app has a user experience you’re all probably familiar with; “swipe left to dismiss, swipe right if interested." Test users have compared the app to a Tesla in that it’s so clean, modern and easy to use.
- The Symplicity app will recommend and allow you to discover jobs that are tailored specifically to you. Symplicity’s data scientists have created an algorithm that suggests a list of jobs to you based on the activity of students who are similar to you.
- With the “Search” tab, you can see ALL the jobs posted to HireJayhawks.com and filter through them using almost any criteria imaginable – keyword, location, qualification, industry, position type, job function, major/concentration, class level, work authorization, you name it.
- Labels will appear on each job letting you know if you’re not qualified based on the information in your student profile, helping to make sure you use your time wisely. A separate label will appear on jobs that are conducting on-campus interviews so that you can go ahead and proceed with requesting and scheduling an interview right from the app.
- You can apply to jobs posted to HireJayhawks.com directly from the app using the resume and cover letter attached to your student profile. Or, if you’d like, you can “favorite” a job and come back to apply for it later from your mobile device or a computer.
- In the “More” tab, you can access the most important features of HireJayhawks.com. You can see and edit your student profile, see approved and pending documents, quickly upload new documents, and sign up for counseling appointments and events. Plus, you can participate in surveys to provide feedback to the BCS, and you can access your account settings right from the app.
To the right is the HireJayhawks.com Recruiting Policy and User Guide that will help you as you set up your account and best utilize the system according to office policies.
**A note of caution: There are possible security issues inherent in putting your resume, which contains such information as address and phone number, on the Internet. The Business Career Services (BCS) has taken certain precautionary measures to limit access to student resumes, however, we assume no liability for problems arising from your decision to use this system.The Business Career Services at KU makes no warrant or guarantee of the confidentiality of any material posted through its resume posting service. By submitting their resumes, users understand and agree that their resumes and any or all material contained therein may be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. The BCS does not warrant or guarantee that a resume shall be viewed by any specific number of users, or that it will be viewed by any specific user. Furthermore, the BCS does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of any material posted by users through the Resume Referral Service. User acknowledges and agrees that User is solely responsible for the form and content of any resume or material contained therein placed by the User on the Resume Referral Service.
The BCS screens every job opening we receive and post. We review postings for any suspicious information, such as requests for personal bank information or an investment of money, or questionable email or web addresses. If job duties are unclear or there are multiple misspellings, we often conduct further research before deciding whether to post a position. However, it is still possible that a well-disguised employment scam might not be detected, and the University does not guarantee job postings or endorse any posted position or employer. If you encounter a questionable job posting or employer, please contact Ali Wellinghoff at 785-864-5591 or email@example.com to report the issue. To view a full list of known scams, please visit the Federal Trade Commission's page on scam alerts.