Many international students are interested in seeking employment in the United States following graduation. As an international student, you should be aware that this process can be very difficult given US Immigration laws. The job search process is seldom easy for anyone, but for international students it can be especially confusing.
The International Student Job Search Handout has been created to give our International students some specific tips about the employment process and the hiring complexities associated with obtaining the necessary sponsorship. The websites listed below, along with GoinGlobal and MyWorldAbroad, are specifically designed to assist International Students with their career search:
- American Immigration Network–The United States Immigration services for individuals, business and organizations by a team of experienced, licensed immigration attorneys. Complete immigration do-it-yourself kits
- Foreign Labor Certification–Allows you to view the H1B Labor Certification Database to identify employers that do not have policies that prohibit them from interviewing or hiring international applicants seeking sponsorship.
- Foreign MBA– Specifically targeted to international MBA students.
- MyVisaJobs--Allows users to search for companies (by keyword or industry) that have recently filed for H1B visas.
- The World Factbook--The World Factbook provides cultural and historic information for 267 world entities. This resource can be excellent for students who are considering working abroad, but want to know more about countries of interest.
- VisaDoor–Provides information on companies that have filed for H1B visas.