Jack Dicus Business Honors Program
Application Eligibility and Deadlines
Applicants must be either current students in the University of Kansas School of Business or planning to apply to the KU School of Business. All majors in the School of Business are represented in the business honors program.
- Should have at least 45 credit hours counting toward graduation with at least one semester completed at KU;
- Will be expected to have at least four semesters remaining before graduation (those with more than 65 credit hours will typically not be accepted);
- Must demonstrate high academic achievement and have an overall KU GPA of at least 3.5;
- Must have completed or be enrolled in DSCI 202: Statistics.
Successful applicants also will have well-documented profiles on exceptional involvement and leadership in the business school and/or at KU.
Students who do not meet the requirements to apply for the honors program but may be able to meet the requirements in a future semester and still fulfill the graduation requirements for the program should contact the director of the Jack Dicus Business Honors Program, Jennifer Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss potential options.
Two application periods are available to students each academic year:
- Fall: Application opens Sept. 9. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Oct. 2, 2019.
- Spring: Application opens Jan. 21. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Feb. 19, 2020.
To apply, you will need:
- A professional 1 page resume
- A 1 page, single spaced cover letter addressed to the BHP Selection Committee that includes, at a minimum, the following elements:
- A statement of why the student wishes to be admitted to the BHP
- A short statement that identifies the most intellectually challenging course or courses taken outside of the School of Business and briefly explains why it was intellectually challenging
- A summary of current involvement and leadership including internship and work experience and of future involvement and leadership goals. In other words, how have you already made a positive impact in and out of the classroom and how are you going to make a similar positive impact going forward
Submit your resume and cover letter on HireJayhawks.com (search by “Jack Dicus Business Honors Program”).
If you are not registered on HireJayhawks.com, please follow these steps:
- Go to HireJayhawks.com
- Log in with your KU Single Sign On
- Fill out your information and accept the policy statement
- On the Documents tab, upload your resume and cover letter for the BHP application
- On the homepage, search for “Jack Dicus Business Honors Program”
- Once on the posting, click Apply and submit your resume and BHP cover letter
Questions about HireJayhawks.com or any technical issues in applying can be directed to Business Career Services in 1130 Capitol Federal Hall, email@example.com, or 785-864-5591.