Joined the University of Kansas in May 2005
- Corporate strategy
- Strategic human resource management
- Collaborative motivation
- MGMT 498 - Business Policy & Strategy
- MGMT 725 - Management of Technology I
- MGMT 726 Management and Technology II
- IBUS Business Practice in China
- MGMT 704 - Strategic Management
Research projects with IMVP (International Motor Vehicle Program)
- Zhao, Z. and Chadwick, C. 2014. What we will do vs. what we can do: The relative effects of unit-level NPD motivation and capability. Strategic Management Journal, 35(12): 1867-1880.
- Chi, T. and Zhao, Z. 2014. Equity Structure of MNE Affiliates and Scope of their Activities: Distinguishing the Incentive and Control Effects of Ownership. Global Strategy Journal, 4(4): 257-279.
- Zhao, Z. and Anand, J. 2013. Beyond boundary spanners: The ‘collective bridge’ as an efficient inter-unit structure for transferring collective knowledge. Strategic Management Journal, 34(13): 1513-1530.
- Martynov, Alex and Zhao Z. 2010. High-performance work practices and knowledge creation in organizations. International Journal of Strategic Change Management, 2(2/3): 223-240.
- Zhao, Z. and Anand, J. 2009. A multilevel perspective of knowledge transfer: Evidence from the Chinese automotive industry. Strategic Management Journal, 30(9): 959-983.
- Zhao, Z., Anand, J., and Mitchell, W. 2005. A dual network perspective on inter-organizational transfer of R&D capabilities: International joint ventures in the Chinese automotive industry. Journal of Management Studies, 42 (1): 127-160.
- Zhao, Z., Anand, J., and Mitchell, W. 2004. Transferring collective knowledge: Teaching and learning in the Chinese auto industry. Strategic Organization, 2(2): 133-167.
- Ph.D., University of Michigan
- M.S., University of Oklahoma
- B.E. Tsinghua University (China)
- Innovation capability and motivation
- Knowledge creation, innovation, and new product development
- Knowledge transfer
- Multilevel perspective on firm knowledge, knowledge transfer, and knowledge creation
- Collective motivation
- Strategic HR management
- Networks and business groups
- Emerging economies