The 2020-21 application process for the Jennett Finance Scholars Program opens on November 1, 2019.
Learn more about the application process and the program. Get your questions answered and hear from current Finance Scholars.
- November 11, 2019 - 6 p.m. in Capitol Federal Hall, Room 3001
Applicants will submit the following documents in PDF format and in the order specified below:
- Cover letter
- Advising Report with visible letter grades and GPAs (degree progress reports will NOT be accepted)
- Responses to the following questions (limit answers to no more than 250 words per question):
- What have you done thus far to demonstrate your commitment to pursuing a career in competitive finance?
- Why do you want to be a Finance Scholar?
- What would you contribute to the Finance Scholars Program?
- Discuss your summer plans and how these fit with your goals of a career in finance.
- Describe a time you have worked for something through your own initiative, or discuss an instance when your persistence paid off.
- Two reference letters. It is strongly suggested that one of these be an academic reference. Academic reference letters from KU Business faculty are preferred. Please email reference letters to FSP@ku.edu.
Please make sure your application packet, including reference letters, is complete before December 2. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Additionally, students pre-admitted to the program are required to participate in the following mandatory meetings:
- January 31, 2020
- February 7, 2020
- February 14, 2020
- February 21, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- April 3, 2020
These mandatory meetings are scheduled from 2:15-4:15 p.m. in Capitol Federal Hall, Room 3001.
Directions for Submitting an Application
- Login to HireJayhawks.com--if you have not activated your account, you will need to fill out your personal information by clicking on Update My Account on the menu on the left.
- Add your documents by clicking on View My Documents > My Documents. Once there, be sure to save your resume as a resume, cover letter as a cover letter, and all other documents as “Other Documents” and name each with a file name that will let you determine you have the correct document. Hint: name your files with a descriptive name such as “Finance Scholars Resume” or “FS Questions” as you will only see the file name when you go to apply.
- To apply to Jennett Finance Scholars, on the menu on the left, click on Research Employers > All then search for “Jennett Finance Scholars” in the Keywords box.
- Click on Jennett Finance Scholars, then Available Positions.
- Click on the “Jennett Finance Scholars Program” job title to enter the application and submit your resume and other supporting documents.
- Applications accepted: November 1, 2019
- Application deadline: December 2, 2019
- Students selected for interviews will be notified mid-December
- Interviews for selected applicants will be held January 22-24, 2020. Students pre-admitted will be notified January 27-28.