The 2018-19 application process for the Jennett Finance Scholars Program opens on January 15, 2018.
Learn more about the application process and the program. Get your questions answered and hear from current Finance Scholars.
- February 9 - 2:15-4 p.m. in Capitol Federal Hall, Room 3001
Applicants will submit the following documents in PDF format and in the order specified below:
- Cover letter
- Advising Report with visible letter grades and GPAs (degree progress reports will NOT be accepted)
- Responses to the following questions (limit answers to no more than 250 words per question):
- What have you done thus far to demonstrate your commitment to pursuing a career in competitive finance?
- Why do you want to be a Finance Scholar?
- What would you contribute to the Finance Scholars Program?
- Discuss your summer plans and how these fit with your goals of a career in finance.
- Describe a time you have worked for something through your own initiative, or discuss an instance when your persistence paid off.
- Two reference letters. It is strongly suggested that one of these be an academic reference. Academic reference letters from KU Business faculty are preferred. Please email reference letters to FSP@ku.edu.
Please make sure your application packet is complete before March 2. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Additionally, students pre-admitted to the program are required to participate in three mandatory meetings:
- Friday, April 20
- Friday, April 27
- Friday, May 4
These mandatory meetings are scheduled from 2:15-4 p.m. in Capitol Federal Hall, Room 3001.
Directions for Submitting an Application
- Login to KU Career Connections (Symplicity) - If you have not activated your account, visit 1130 Capitol Federal Hall to complete the registration paperwork.
- Click on the Jobs/KU Career Connections Jobs tab.
- Under Keywords, type “Jennett Finance Scholars Program”.
- Click on the “Jennett Finance Scholars Program” job title to enter the application and submit your resume and other supporting documents.
- Applications accepted: January 15
- Application deadline: March 2
- Interviews for selected applicants happen in mid-March
- Finance Scholars will be selected by late March
- Mandatory debriefing meetings for pre-admitted students on Fridays, April 20, April 27 and May 4, from 2:15-4 p.m. in Capitol Federal Hall, Room 3001