The 2021-22 application process for the Jennett Finance Scholars Program will open in late fall 2020.
Applicants will submit the following documents in PDF format and in the order specified below:
- Cover letter
- Advising Report with visible letter grades and GPAs (degree progress reports will NOT be accepted)
- Responses to the following questions (limit answers to no more than 250 words per question):
- What have you done thus far to demonstrate your commitment to pursuing a career in competitive finance?
- Why do you want to be a Finance Scholar?
- What would you contribute to the Finance Scholars Program?
- Discuss your summer plans and how these fit with your goals of a career in finance.
- Describe a time you have worked for something through your own initiative, or discuss an instance when your persistence paid off.
- Two reference letters. It is strongly suggested that one of these be an academic reference. Academic reference letters from KU Business faculty are preferred. Please email reference letters to FSP@ku.edu.
Please make sure your application packet, including reference letters, is complete before the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Directions for Submitting an Application
- Login to HireJayhawks.com--if you have not activated your account, you will need to fill out your personal information by clicking on Update My Account on the menu on the left.
- Add your documents by clicking on View My Documents > My Documents. Once there, be sure to save your resume as a resume, cover letter as a cover letter, and all other documents as “Other Documents” and name each with a file name that will let you determine you have the correct document. Hint: name your files with a descriptive name such as “Finance Scholars Resume” or “FS Questions” as you will only see the file name when you go to apply.
- To apply to Jennett Finance Scholars, on the menu on the left, click on Research Employers > All then search for “Jennett Finance Scholars” in the Keywords box.
- Click on Jennett Finance Scholars, then Available Positions.
- Click on the “Jennett Finance Scholars Program” job title to enter the application and submit your resume and other supporting documents.