L. Paige Fields is the dean and Henry D. Price Professor of Business at the University of Kansas School of Business.
Before coming to KU in July 2017, she served as the dean of the School of Business at Trinity University. Fields joined Trinity’s faculty in 2012 as the Dick and Peggy Prassel Professor of Business Administration and was the chair of the Department of Finance and Decision Sciences from 2013 to 2015 prior to her appointment as dean.
From 1994 to 2012, Fields was at Texas A&M University, where she held a variety of academic and leadership roles. She was a visiting professor at the University of Arizona from 1991 to 1994 and has also taught at the University of Kentucky.
Fields’ research expertise includes corporate governance, banking, insurance, and capital structure. She served as an associate editor of the Journal of Financial Research and has more than 20 refereed journal articles to her credit, including publications in the Journal of Finance and the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking. She has also won a number of teaching awards at the school and university levels.
Fields holds a doctorate in business administration (finance) from the University of South Carolina and master’s and bachelor’s degrees in finance from Louisiana State University.
Ph.D. in Business Administration (Finance), University of South Carolina
Master of Science in Finance, Louisiana State University
Bachelor of Science in Finance, Louisiana State University
- Corporate Finance
- Student Managed Investment Fund
- Corporate Governance
- Capital structure
Selected Awards & Honors
Texas A&M University - University Level and beyond:
- College Nominee for Presidential Teaching Award 2010, 2012
- The Physicians Centre Hospital Guest Coach 2010
- Winner of the Academy of Finance 2010 Teaching Excellence Award (National)
- Nominee for the Piper Professors of 2001 Award
- AFS Distinguished Achievement Award in Teaching - University level 2000
Texas A&M University - College Level:
- Summer Teaching Innovation Grant 2011, 2010, 2009
- Mays Faculty Fellow for Teaching Innovation (two-year) 2010-2012, 2004-2006
- AFS Distinguished Achievement Award in Teaching – College level 1998
- Montague/CTE Scholar Award 1997
- Distinguished Faculty Award 1996 (M.B.A. class of 1997)
University of Arizona - College Level:
- Faculty Member of the Year Award 1992 (M.B.A. class of 1992)
- Dean's Distinguished Teacher List (top 10%), University of Arizona 1991-1994