Make an Appointment at Business Career Services
Why Should I Meet with a Career Advisor?
Career Advisors in the Business Career Services (BCS) are available to provide individualized guidance to your specific career objectives. Whether you’re exploring the range of career options available to you in business, seeking an internship or ready to execute your job search, we’re here to support your efforts. Students who work with career services are more likely to be employed at graduation and even report higher salaries. The agenda of your appointment is up to you, but typical topics often include:
- Choosing a business major
- Resume assistance and critique
- Interview preparation
- Internship and job search advice
- Networking strategies and LinkedIn
- Managing multiple employment offers
- Salary negotiation
- Relocation strategies
- Mapping a career management strategy
The BCS is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Appointments are recommended but walk-in hours are available during the fall and spring academic sessions. During the summer, our office hours are modified and our office closes at 3:30 pm on Fridays.
Fall & Spring Walk-In Hours:
- Mondays and Tuesday from 1:00 -- 3:00 pm
- Wednesdays & Thursday from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Walk-in meetings are limited to 15 minutes or less.
Scheduling an Appointment:
To schedule an appointment, please stop by the BCS in 1130 Capitol Federal Hall or call our office at 785-864-5591 to arrange an appointment. We do not schedule appointments over email. For your convenience, we also offer online appointment scheduling.
Our Career Advising Team:
Our Career Advisors have expertise in business career paths, area employment trends, companies that recruit at KU and career management strategies. We work closely with an Employer Advisory Council which informs the advice that we extend to students. Our advisors include: Alicia Green, Jennifer Jordan, Ashley Kruger and Jolene Phillips. More information about our team can be found here.
KU Business Career Services is proud to provide support to recent graduates and alumni of the KU School of Business.
As a recent graduate, we offer a full extension of our comprehensive career services up through six months of your graduation, including one-on-one career advising.
- KU Career Connections for Alumni:
- KU Career Connections accounts for Business students are archived annually each August. Our office will notify you by email twice to alert you of this process. If you wish for your account to remain active, simply reply to let us know. We will provide a complimentary six-month extension to your account. If your account is archived in error, contact our office for assistance. For individuals beyond six months of graduation, there is a one-time $50 fee for KU Career Connections.
- One-on-One Career Advising:
- Our professional career advisors assist students and alumni with a range of career-related needs including resume critiques, job search strategies and more. For alumni beyond six months of graduation, we provide two complimentary one-on-one appointments. For needs that extend beyond two appointments, a $50 per visit fee will be assessed. Appointments may take place in person, via Skype or by phone.
- Our website outlines a range of resources relevant to all career levels, including links to relevant KU alumni groups on LinkedIn. If you have questions about career or alumni resources, please contact our office for assistance. In a brief introductory call, we can discuss your situation and needs, direct you to relevant resources and schedule a one-on-one meeting if needed.
We are happy to arrange career advising appointment with BBA students at the Edwards Campus – we’ll come to you! Phone appointments and career advising by Skype or Microsoft Lync are also available for alumni or students studying abroad. Please contact our office at 785-864-5591 more information.
We look forward to working with you!