- Alternative dispute resolution (e.g. arbitration, mediation)
- Legal environment of business
- Contract law
- Real property law
Besides teaching, Professor Levin serves as an arbitrator and mediator for a number of organizations, including, the American Arbitration Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the University of Kansas Campus Dispute Assistance Services. Much of his research is closely related to this experience. He is involved in studying fairness issues regarding arbitration and mediation.
- J.D., University of Kansas (1977)
- MBA, University of Wisconsin (1974)
- B.A., University of Wisconsin (1972)
- M.S. Levin, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mortgage Foreclosure, Vol. 40 REAL ESTATE LAW JOURNAL, PP. 596-613 (2012).
- M.S. Levin, The Unfulfilled Need for Affordable and Low Income Housing, Vol. 39 REAL ESTATE LAW JOURNAL, pp. 542 - 560 (2011).
- M.S. Levin, Reflections on Enhancing the Understanding of Law through Ethical Analysis, Vol. 27 JOURNAL OF LEGAL STUDIES EDUCATION, pp. 247- 275 (2010).
- M.S. Levin, Real Property Lease Issues In A Difficult Economic Environment, Vol. 38 REAL ESTATE LAW JOURNAL, pp. 512 – 527 (2010).
- M.S. Levin, Morality, Ethics, and Real Estate Law, 37 REAL ESTATE LAW JOURNAL, 354 - 371 (2009).
- J. Levin & M.S. Levin, Tinsley vs. Kemp – A Case History: How The Housing Authority of Kansas City, Missouri Evolved From A "Troubled" Housing Authority To A "High Performer", 37 STETSON LAW REVIEW 77 - 115 (Fall 2006).
- M.S. Levin, The Propriety Of Evaluative Mediation: Concerns About The Nature And Quality Of An Evaluative Opinion, Vol. 16 OHIO STATE JO. ON DISPUTE RESOLUTION 267-296 (2001).
- M.S. Levin, The Role Of Substantive Law In Business Arbitration And The Importance Of Volition, Vol. 35 AMERICAN BUSINESS LAW JOURNAL 105-180 (Fall 1997).
- D. Whitman, J. Gergacz, and M. Levin, The Legal Environment of Business: Regulatory Law and Contracts (McGraw-Hill 1992).
- M.S. Levin, Overstating the Value of Property to Induce a Listing, Vol. 34 UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS LAW REVIEW, pp. 757-800 (Summer 1986).
- M.S. Levin, Real Estate Agent Liability for Creative Financing Failures, Vol. 39 UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI LAW REVIEW, pp. 429-470 (May 1985).
- M.S. Levin, The Antitrust Challenge to Local Government Protection of the Central Business District, Vol. 55 UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO LAW REVIEW, pp. 21-81 (Fall 1983).
- M.S. Levin, Withholding Consent to Assignment: The Changing Rights of the Commercial Landlord, Vol. 30 DEPAUL LAW REVIEW, pp. 109-145 (Fall 1980).