- Ph.D., Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- B.S.B., Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Marketing principles
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Strategy
- Working memory and behavior
- Processing of multiple sensory inputs
- Effects of negative emotions and experiences
- Information processing and decision making
Nelson, N. M., & Redden, J. (2017). Remembering Satiation: The Role of Working Memory in Satiation. Journal of Consumer Research, 44(3), 633–650.
Rahinel, R. & Nelson, N. M. (2016). When Brand Logos Describe the Environment: Design Instability and the Utility of Safety-Oriented Products. Journal of Consumer Research, 43(3), 478-496.
Landau, M. Nelson, N. M., & Keefer, L. (2015). Diverging Effects of Metaphoric Company Logos: Do They Convey what the Company Does or What I Need? Metaphor and Symbol, 30(4), 314-338.
Vohs, K. D., Baumeister, R. F., Schmeichel, B. J., Twenge, J. M., Nelson, N. M., & Tice, D. M. (2008). Making Choices Impairs Subsequent Self Control: A Limited Resource Account of Decision Making, Self-Regulation, and Active Initiative. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 94(5), 883-898.