KU SBDC working for you
The KU SBDC provides free and confidential individual advising to small business owners, managers and prospective owners. The center can work with any company that fits into the Small Business Administration's definition of a "small business."
The Center works both with startup companies, existing small businesses, and those who wish to sell or purchase a small business. Typical areas covered in advising include the startup process, business planning, financing and funding, marketing, accounting, human resources and taxes.
The objective of this counseling is to promote a healthy small business community and to foster economic development through new business starts, expansions, job creation and retention, and sales growth.
How do you become a KU SBDC client?
There are several ways you may reach us:
- Call us at (785) 843-8844
- Sign up online to become a client by clicking here.
- Visit us at 718 New Hampshire, Lawrence, KS, 66044. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m to 5 p.m. We are generally unable to accomodate walk-in sessions, but we would be happy to schedule a future appointment.
- Attend a seminar. Online training is available for some topics on the Kansas SBDC website.
- Email us. You may email our advisors at any time with questions or concerns. Our office is located in Lawrence, Kansas. We provide services to the following counties: Douglas, Leavenworth, Jefferson, Atchison, Doniphan, and Franklin.