Study abroad for the summer
Earn six credits during the six-week International Summer Program in Paris. Students will complete case studies and group work focusing on current issues affecting the European business market. Cultural visits are coordinated by the ABS Paris, and trips and excursions are also available to students who wish to participate in group travel. Courses meet once or twice per week, allowing ample time to explore Paris, France and beyond during the program.
- Program structure: Students complete two courses during a six-week program.
- Dates: May 21 - June 28, 2019
- Optional career & culture extension from July 1 to July 12, 2019.
Take business courses in English and live in beautiful Paderno del Grappa, an Italian village located at the base of the Italian Alps (an hour from Venice). Explore Italy and Europe during built-in travel breaks.
- Program structure: Four weeks
- Program dates: May 20 - June 14, 2019
Add a prestigious educational experience to your repertoire this summer. The LSE Summer School offers three sessions for ample flexibility with your summer schedule, with over 100 courses on offer. The Social Program includes excursions and other activities and an extra lecture series. Accommodation in the heart of London is available to participants.
- Program Structure: Choice of three sessions, each three weeks long. Students can do more than one session. Students choose one course per three-week session:
- Session 1: June 17 - July 5, 2019
- Session 2: July 8 - July 26, 2019
- Session 3: July 29 - August 16, 2019
Study at one of South Korea's most prestigious institutions this summer. Students can choose from a robust set of business courses offered in English while enjoying life in Seoul, a city renowned for its perfect mix of urban and natural beauty.
- Program structure: Choice between four- or six-week program.
- Six-week program: Students can take one to three courses (completing between three and nine credits)
- Dates: June 25 - August 2, 2019
- Four-week program: Students may take one or two courses
- Dates: June 25 - July 19, 2019
Scandinavia, Nordic Countries, the Netherlands
Study abroad in the birthplace of the EU this summer! Maastricht, a true cycling city and a charming university town, is home to students from around the world. Ten percent of Maastricht's population of 122,000 is comprised of students, and almost half of these are international. Study trips and cultural weekends, like the four-day study trip to Berlin, may be incorporated into the summer program.
- Program structure: Six-week program, divided into two three- week periods. Students may select one course (three credits) or study tour (two credits) per period.
- Dates: 2019 dates TBD
Experience German culture and earn three credits in IBUS 400 during this three-week program in Rhine River Valley. In addition to hearing lectures from accomplished WHU faculty on various aspects of business and trade in the EU, students will visit international businesses and major European banks. Program fee covers airport shuttle (round trip), excursions, company visits and social events, a local bus ticket, and 24-hour gym access.
- Program structure: Three-week program, "The Business, Cultural and Political Environment in Europe"
- Dates: May 26 - June 14, 2019
Live in Vienna for three weeks this summer and earn six business course credits! The WU Summer University offers students the chance to attend courses in Europe's largest business school while adding international perspectives to their education. Group work and cross-cultural collaboration are emphasized on the beautiful modern campus of WU, where internationalization is a salient focus. An optional social program ensures that students will stay busy, and will be able to see the sights and participate in organized activities and outings during afternoons and evenings.
- Program structure: Two separate sessions offered. Each three-week session is split into two one-and-half-week modules, and students choose one course per module.
- July session: July 8 - 26, 2019
- August session: July 29 - August 16, 2019
Internships in East Asia
Freeman East Asia Internship Scholarship: Interested in interning abroad this summer? KU is currently offering $2,500-$5,000 scholarships for students to intern in East Asia. This funding is provided through a $200,000 grant from the Freeman Foundation. Over 95 percent of students who applied last year received a scholarship! The application deadline is Feb. 15th. Access more information and the application here.