The university tentatively plans to host in-person Commencement events in May, both for this year’s graduates and the Class of 2020 in David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.
Please keep in mind that these plans are subject to change based on evolving circumstances and the latest guidance from health officials.
- Commencement activities for the Class of 2021 are planned for Sunday, May 16.
- Commencement activities for the Class of 2020 are planned for Sunday, May 23.
KU plans to schedule multiple sessions each Sunday, with students and guests assigned to a specific session, and tickets will be required for graduates and guests in order to comply with health guidelines for the size of mass gatherings.
School of Business recognition
All Lawrence and Edwards school, unit and department recognition events will be held virtually this spring.
The School of Business will provide updates to this page about its plans to virtually celebrate graduates as they develop. In addition, degree candidates should expect to receive emails about these plans.
Celebrating our fall 2020 graduates
To our spring 2020 graduates
School of Business recognition ceremonies
The School of Business graduation recognition ceremonies are formal events that honor graduating undergraduates, master's and doctoral students. Graduates must wear cap and gown to participate. Master's and doctoral students should bring their hood for the hooding ceremony. No tickets are required for guests to attend the School of Business recognition ceremonies.
All graduates, regardless of their participation in the recognition ceremony, will need to complete the school's Graduation and Destination Survey. Each semester, we will announce via email when the survey becomes available.
The University of Kansas Commencement is a less formal, no ticket required, all-university graduation event for several thousand students held outdoors in Memorial Stadium each May. The "walk down the Hill" is a fun tradition where students often bring balloons or decorate caps and gowns.
Attire and announcements
Caps and gowns (light brown-colored tassels for undergraduates, black tassels for Masters, or gold or black tassels for Doctorates), hoods, honors cords, rings, and announcements can be found at: KU Bookstore, 785-864-4640; Edwards Campus bookstore, 913-897-8580.
Degree information in announcements should read:
- Business Administration
- Business Analytics
- Information Systems
- Management & Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Administration
- Accounting Certificate (if applicable)
- Minor (if applicable)
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Science in Business
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Business Administration-Juris Doctor
- Master of Business Administration-Doctor of Pharmacy
- Master of Business Administration-Doctor of Medicine
- Master of Business Administration-Petroleum Management
- Master of Business Administration-Architecture
- Master of Business Administration-Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Business Administration-Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Available at the KU Visitor Center or it can be mailed for a fee starting in late July for spring graduates, early October for summer graduates, and early March for fall graduates. Contact the Registrar at 785-864-4422.
BBA students who have completed the Edwards Campus diploma request may pick up their diplomas at the Regents Center reception desk at the Edwards Campus.