The School of Business graduation recognition ceremony is a formal event that honors graduating undergraduates, master's and doctoral students. Graduates must wear cap and gown to participate. Master's and doctoral students should bring their hood for the hooding ceremony. No tickets are required for guests to attend the School of Business recognition ceremony.
All fall 2018 graduates, regardless of their participation in the recognition ceremony, must complete the school's Graduation and Destination Survey by Nov. 30.
The University of Kansas Commencement is a less formal, no ticket required, all-university graduation event for several thousand students held outdoors in Memorial Stadium each May. The "walk down the Hill" is a fun tradition where students often bring balloons or decorate caps and gowns.
Fall 2018 Ceremony
10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018
Lied Center of Kansas
1600 Stewart Drive
Lawrence, KS 66045
Attire & Announcements
Caps and gowns (drab colored tassels for undergraduates, black tassels for Masters, or gold or black tassels for Doctorates), hoods, honors cords, rings, and announcements can be found at: KU Bookstore, 785-864-4640; Edwards Campus bookstore, 913-897-8580.
Degree information in announcements should read:
- Business Administration
- Business Analytics
- Information Systems
- Management & Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Administration
- Accounting Certificate (if applicable)
- Minor (if applicable)
- Science in Business
- Business Administration-Juris Doctor
- Business Administration-Doctor of Pharmacy
- Business Administration-Petroleum Management
- Business Administration-Master of Arts in East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Business Administration-Master of Arts in Latin American Studies
- Business Administration-Master of Arts in Russian, E. European & Eurasian Studies
- Business Administration-Master in Management
Students should wear dark clothing (including dark shoes and socks) that will be visible below the robe.
No formal printed invitations will be mailed. Students who have applied for fall graduation will receive emails about the recognition ceremony from the school beginning in October.
Arrival & Attendance
Tickets are not required for graduates or guests to attend the School of Business recognition ceremony.
For the fall 2018 ceremony:
- Degree candidates: Check-in is required and begins at 9 a.m. Degree candidates must arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. Please enter at the Lied Center Pavilion entrance on the east side of the building and follow signs to check-in tables to get your name card (to be read when you cross the stage) and a ceremony information handout.
- Guests: Doors will open at 9 a.m. Guests should be seated 15 minutes before the ceremony begins. No tickets are required for guests to attend the School of Business recognition ceremony.
For the fall ceremony: Guests should see an usher for directions to an elevator, wheelchair-accessible seating area, or aisle seating for guests who require assistance walking. Ushers may also provide listening-aid equipment (signing available upon advanced request) and seating closer to the stage for the visually impaired. Guests needing accommodations should arrive one hour before the ceremony.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend University of Kansas sponsored events. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the KU School of Business by Nov. 30, 2018, at email@example.com.
For the fall ceremony: The Lied Center is located at 1600 Stewart Drive. Directions and parking information are available here.
The program will last approximately one hour.
GradImages is the official vendor that has been hired to take photographs at recognition events on the Lawrence campus on Commencement weekend. See more information about where to find photos at commencement.ku.edu/photography .
Available at the KU Visitor Center or it can be mailed for a fee starting in late July for spring graduates, early October for summer graduates, and early March for fall graduates. Contact the Registrar at 785-864-4422.
BBA students who have completed the Edwards Campus diploma request may pick up their diplomas at the Regents Center reception desk at the Edwards Campus.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.