The Applied Portfolio Management class at the KU School of Business offers a unique opportunity for students to learn the intricacies of stock markets around the world. The class is competitive, fast-paced, fun and, most importantly, an incredible experience. More than 200 top executives and Wall Street professionals from all over the world have joined the class as guest speakers.
Founded by Kent McCarthy in 1994, APM's mission has guided us to be one of the longest-running student investment funds in the United States.
- We strive to offer a unique, high-impact educational experience.
- We educate students as leaders in the investment profession.
- We form and maintain a strong alumni network.
- We promote and raise funds for the School of Business.
We believe in reinvesting in our community. Through their work, APM students, alumni, and donors have allowed us to:
- Donate $1.25M to create the McCarthy APM Research Lab and help construct Capitol Federal Hall.
- Invest as a limited partner in KU professor and Academy Award winner Kevin Willmott's Jayhawkers film, funding student involvement and production.
- Fund a portion of the annual KU Student Senate budget.
- Seed the programs that led to Jayhawks on Wall Street and Jennett Finance Scholars at the School of Business.
- Host weekly student networking dinners with guest speakers.
- Offer numerous student awards and scholarships.
Explore the APM portfolio and reports detailing transaction history, tracking & sentiment data, and other resources used by the class.
See our program requirements and start your APM application today.
View this semester's class schedule and planned guest speakers.
Hundreds of guest speakers have shared their experience and expertise with APM students. View recent guests and reach out to join us in the future.
Participate in this annual alumni tradition and help raise funds for APM.
Subscribe to our newsletter, join us on LinkedIn and learn about other ways to make a difference for our students.