Employer policies and guidelines
KU Business Career Services subscribes to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice for all recruiting practices, including their policy statement on Reasonable Offer Deadlines. Adherence to the following guidelines are requested of all employers recruiting KU Business students in order to promote a fair and ethical recruiting process.
- Maintain an open and free selection of employment opportunities in an atmosphere conducive to objective thought, where job candidates can choose optimum long-term uses of their talents that are consistent with personal objectives and all relevant facts.
- Maintain a recruitment process that is fair and equitable to candidates and employing organizations.
- Support informed and responsible decision-making by candidates.
- For offers extended during the academic year, employers are strongly encouraged to give students a minimum of two weeks to accept an offer.
- For offers extended to current summer interns, employers are strongly encouraged to give students until the first business day of November to make a decision.
- Additional time may be requested by the student and granted at the discretion of the employer.