Admissions requirements for international students
How to apply
1. Apply to the University of Kansas.
Apply to KU International Admissions. Gaining admission to the University of Kansas requires the submission of official academic records from all previously attended secondary and post-secondary institutions.
Visit the International Admissions website for information about scholarships.
2. Indicate a business major on your KU application.
Applicants accepted at KU with an interest in business are eligible for direct admission into the School of Business if they have an index score of greater than or equal to 5.55. The index score is calculated using a student’s high school GPA and ACT composite or SAT math and evidence-based reading and writing scores: (ACT/10) + HS GPA = index score.
Students should refer to the official ACT/SAT concordance table (PDF) when comparing SAT scores to ACT scores.
Students who do not qualify for admission directly to the School of Business can apply later in their academic careers when they’ve met these requirements.
3. Apply to the School of Business
International students who indicate a business major on their application to KU but do not meet the requirements for direct admission to the School of Business will be given a pre-business interest code as a College of Liberal Arts & Sciences student. These students will then be eligible to apply for the School of Business when they will complete the minimum requirements (see below).
- Sophomore standing (30 credit hours)
- Completion of three pre-admission foundation courses (must be taken for a grade)
- ACCT 200 – Financial Accounting 1
- BSAN 202 – Statistics
- ECON 142 – Principles of Microeconomics
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5+ in all four GPAs:
- Overall GPA (all KU and transfer coursework)
- Overall Professional GPA (all KU and transfer business coursework, including ECON)
- KU Overall GPA (KU coursework)
- KU Professional GPA (KU business coursework, including ECON)
NOTE: Starting with the Spring 2019 semester there is no TOEFL requirement for undergraduate admission to the School of Business.
4. Apply to undergraduate enrichment programs
Students entering the school through the pre-business pathway are eligible to apply to our undergraduate student enrichment programs:
5. Get connected
- Join a student club or organization.
- Study abroad.
- Discover internship or placement opportunities with Business Career Services (BCS).