Apply to the University of Kansas
Apply to KU through the Office of Admissions. Gaining admission to the University of Kansas requires the submission of official college transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities.
For scholarship consideration, we encourage you to apply to KU by Feb. 1 prior to the fall/summer semester or Nov. 1 prior to the spring semester you plan to transfer to KU.
Indicate a business major on your KU application
Indicating a business major on your application to KU does not guarantee entry into the KU School of Business.
Apply to the School of Business
Transfer students are eligible to apply to the School of Business during the semester they will complete the minimum requirements (see below).
The application deadline for fall admission is Feb. 15 and for spring admission is Sept. 15.
Minimum competitive application requirements
- Junior standing (60 credit hours)
- Completion of six pre-admission foundation courses (must be taken for a grade)
- ACCT 200 – Financial Accounting 1
- ACCT 201 – Managerial Accounting 1
- DSCI 202 – Statistics
- IST 202 – Introduction to Information Systems
- ECON 142 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 144 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- Earned at least a 2.5 GPA in both their overall GPA (all college coursework, including all repeated transferable courses) and in their KU overall GPA (courses taken at KU only)
- Earned at least a 2.5 GPA in both their overall professional GPA (all business and economics courses taken, including all repeated transferable courses) and their KU professional GPA (business and economics courses taken at KU only)
International students - TOEFL requirement
- TOEFL total score of 92 or higher, as well as minimum subscore of 23 on the written and speaking components of the TOEFL exam (see policy details below)
IMPORTANT: Admission is competitive
Meeting all of the above requirements does not guarantee admission.
In the instance that one or more of the admission requirements are not met before the School of Business application deadline, that student will be considered a pre-business student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences until they meet the minimum requirements to apply.
Additional notes for transfer students
- Transfer credits with earned grades of D+ and below will not satisfy School of Business requirements. Transfer credits with earned grades of D+ and below will still be included in the GPAs for School of Business admission consideration.
- Course repeat and academic forgiveness/renewal policies that apply at other colleges and universities do not transfer to KU. All grades for transferable repeated courses and academically forgiven courses will be included in the GPAs for School of Business admission consideration.
- A bachelor’s degree must include 120 completed credit hours. A student may apply a maximum of 64 credit hours of community college coursework to a KU degree. Students with more than 64 credit hours of community college coursework cannot apply the additional hours toward the 120 hour requirement.
Interested in seeing how your coursework transfers to KU?
Credits from your current or former institution may be transferred to KU. An official determination of how your credits transfer will be made once you have been admitted at KU and official transcripts of completed course work have been submitted to the Office of Admissions: 1502 Iowa St., Lawrence, Kansas, 66045.
Before you are admitted, you can view courses that have previously transferred to KU by visiting CredTran, a database we provide to assist you with your transfer process: http://credittransfer.ku.edu
In addition, transfer guides are provided as a resource to students transferring to KU from all 19 Kansas community colleges, as well as Metropolitan Community College in Missouri.