Applying for Ph.D. programs
Note: The doctoral program is not accepting applications in organizational behavior for the fall 2023 term.
All application materials should be submitted online (including transcripts). Please do not send paper documents.
Students are admitted once each academic year at the start of the fall semester. For entry in the fall, Jan. 10 is the priority deadline and Feb. 1 is the final deadline. All applicants are encouraged to apply early. Notification of admission and financial aid will be made by April 15.
You must have a completed application file prior to our review. Incomplete applications or applications received after Feb. 1 will be considered for the next calendar year.
A complete application contains the following:
- A completed KU Graduate Studies application
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores OR Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores from all international students or from applicants whose native language is not English sent from TOEFL or IELTS.
- iBT minimum score to apply is 100; IELTS minimum score to apply is 6.5 Total Band and at least 6 in each component (listening, reading writing, and speaking)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study completed to date
- Three letters of recommendation received directly from the persons writing the letters
- A non-refundable application processing fee of US $65 for domestic applications and $85 for international applicants payable to the University of Kansas
- Statement of purpose
If admitted to the program, please request official transcripts to be sent to:
KU School of Business
Attn: Doctoral Program
1654 Naismith Drive
Capitol Federal Hall, Office 1193
Lawrence, KS 66045