- Marketing and Business Law academic area
Kelly Crane began her career working in marketing in the music industry in Austin, Texas, and has since worked in director- and VP-level marketing roles with companies in a multitude of industries including entertainment, healthcare, telecommunications and advertising. She has more than 30 years of experience in advertising agencies, corporate environments and the public sector.
She is the former director of the KU School of Journalism’s Integrated Marketing Communications graduate program where she taught relationship marketing and the capstone course to working adult graduate students.
Currently, Crane is a freelance integrated marketing trainer, coach and consultant with an interest in entrepreneurship. She is currently developing a business called Phygital Preaching that will launch in 2021.
She is a marketing lecturer at the KU School of Business where she teaches digital marketing and social media at the graduate and undergraduate level and integrated marketing communications and marketing at the undergraduate level. She also developed a class in sports and entertainment marketing that consistently fills up every semester.
She holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Kansas and a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from Baylor University.
- Strategic marketing planning
- Integrated marketing communications
- Entertainment marketing
- Faith-based marketing
- Digital marketing and social media
- Inbound and content marketing
- Relationship and affinity marketing
- Developing organizational marketing infrastructures and team-building
- Higher education instruction and program management
- Leadership and management
- Project management and event planning
- Google AdWords Fundamentals and Video Marketing (Google)
- Google Analytics (Google)
- Inbound Marketing (HubSpot)
- Email Marketing (HubSpot)