Tuition, Fees, and Scholarships
Estimate your tuition and fees to learn more about the potential costs of attending the University of Kansas School of Business.
For an explanation of the course fees included in your tuition estimate, continue reading below.
Course Fees (Differential Tuition)
Base tuition is determined at the state and university level. Subject to approval by the University and Board of Regents, schools may charge course fees (previously called differential tuition) and all funds from those fees directly benefit the students in the respective school. In 2004 the students of the School of Business approved the addition of course fees to enhance the quality of a KU business education.
Consistent with guidelines in the course fee approval process, course fees:
- Pay for faculty
- Provide experiential learning activities
- Improve student advising and career services
- Provide student assistantships and scholarships
Dean's Advisory Course Fee Committee
A Dean’s advisory committee monitors ongoing course fee collections and expenditures. This committee is responsible for ensuring that fees are adequate to maintain established services and that they are used to enhance students’ experiences and create opportunities. The School of Business Dean's Advisory Course Fee Committee policy describes the scope and operations of the committee.
Fall 2017 Dean's Advisory Course Fee Committee Members
|Allen Ford||Larry D. Horner/KPMG Teaching Professor of Professional Accounting|
|Doug Whitman||Professor of Business Law|
|Alumni/Board of Advisors Members|
|Jeff Gentry||Dean's Advisory Board Representative|
|L. Paige Fields||Dean, William and Judy Docking Professor in Business|
|Susan Scholz||Professor, Associate Dean, Faculty Development and Research|
|Jennifer Hanson||Director of Finance|
|Colin Thomas||MBA Representative|
|Undergraduate Business Council (UBC)|
|Jack Ziegler||UBC President|
|Ashley Rasmussen||MAcc Ambassador|
|Jiatian Chen||Association of Business Doctoral Students Representative|
Course Fee Committee meeting minutes
Information about grants, loans and other need-based financial aid, is available at affordability.ku.edu.
Thanks to a gift from Koch Industries in 2016, scholarship programs to benefit students in the KU School of Business were established:
- The Koch Scholars program will award scholarships for School of Business undergraduate and graduate students. Find more information about the requirements and how to apply.
- The Koch Opportunity Scholars program will award scholarships of varying levels for:
- A historically underrepresented or first-generation incoming freshman who has been admitted to the KU School of Business, and
- Historically underrepresented or first-generation incoming freshmen who have been admitted to the University of Kansas and have an intent to major in business.
- Find more information about the requirements and how to apply.
If you have questions about the Koch Scholars and/or Koch Opportunity Scholars programs, please contact Jordan Yochim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4449.