Business Leadership Program
Apply NowApplication for BLP is a process separate from application to the University, School, or Honors Program. Our priority deadline to apply is December 15. The final application deadline is February 15.
From the Director
The Business Leadership Program provides paths and peers to help talented student leaders prepare to lead in their communities and professions. Each year, we welcome approximately 30 of our intellectually curious and committed incoming business school freshman who support, encourage, and challenge each other.
There is no one perfect leadership style, and many directions in which leadership may take you. The program provides coaching and curriculum to help you find your own strengths, hone your skills, and chart a professional path that excites you. The program supports the students, and ultimately the students support the community with their projects and their leadership.
If you are looking for a supportive community where you will learn and lead together, join us!
How do we define leadership?
We have a broad definition of leadership. We view a leader as a person who uses their own skills and strengths to motivate others toward positive change. The way that any particular leader accomplishes that feat will depend very much on that leader’s own strengths, style and aims. One key goal of the program is to help you develop your own leadership strengths, style and aims.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a high school senior directly admitted to the School of Business; and
- You indicate one of the eight business majors on their application to KU to be considered;
- Your high school GPA is 3.8 or higher (new test-optional path for Fall 2021 eligibility); OR
- Your high school GPA between 3.5 and 3.79 and either your ACT Superscore is 28 or higher (or your SAT Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math score is 1310 or higher)
- We accept weighted or unweighted GPA, whichever is most favorable for the student.
Note that you must complete and submit the application to be considered. Application for BLP is a process separate from application to the University, School, or Honors Program. Our priority deadline to apply is December 15. The final application deadline is February 15.