This certificate program prepares students for successful careers in insurance and risk management. Required and elective coursework equips students with in-demand skills to manage and protect assets and organizational value — knowledge vital for careers in financial analysis, corporate risk management, employee benefits management, insurance brokerage, underwriting, and consulting. Experiential activities allow students to put knowledge into practice and to interact with industry professionals. Completion of the certificate allows students to earn the Kansas Insurance Certificate.
The program serves two broad constituencies: students and industry partners.
For students, the goals of the program are to:
- Highlight opportunities associated with careers in insurance and risk management
- Equip them with the concepts, skill sets, and mindsets required for risk management
- Provide exposure to a portfolio of experiential activities
For industry partners, the goals of the program are to:
- Identify graduates with interest in and aptitudes for insurance and risk management careers
- Certify competencies required for career paths in risk management and insurance