School-specific information and updates
The School of Business will share information about its fall 2021 operations on this page, including information about:
- Capitol Federal Hall
- Student services and resources
- Prospective undergraduate student visits
Additionally, the KU Business Connect app, available for download in the App Store and Google Play, will be regularly updated to reflect the latest information regarding the School of Business and its operations.
Inside Capitol Federal Hall
Students can access Capitol Federal Hall from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday in order to allow for more cleaning and help reduce foot traffic and contact in the building.
- Sanitation stations and directional signs will be available throughout Capitol Federal Hall in common spaces and along hallways. Additionally, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be provided in each classroom.
- Additional information about cleaning protocols and disinfection plans can be found at protect.ku.edu/cleaning.
Student services and resources
- Student and Academic Services will be hosting in-person drop-in appointments starting Thursday, Aug. 19 through Friday, Aug. 27. These appointments are for current fall semester issues.
- If you need to meet with an advisor about long-term planning, please schedule an appointment by visiting JayhawkGPS.ku.edu or by calling 785-864-7871. These appointments will be scheduled for Aug. 30 and after.
- Drop-in appointments can be scheduled from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To schedule an appointment during the fall 2021 semester:
- Request an appointment through HireJayhawks.com,
- Stop by Business Career Services in 1130 Capitol Federal Hall, or
- Call BCS at 785-864-5591
Students will continue to have the option to meet virtually. Appointments cannot be scheduled via email. Any students who arrive more than 10 minutes late to their scheduled appointment will be asked to reschedule.
Walk-in appointments are available 1 to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday. These appointments are limited to 15 minutes.
Students who would like to discuss revisions to their current study abroad plans or who would like to begin making plans to study abroad can contact Mattie Stevens, Global Business Studies program specialist, at email@example.com or 785-864-2430 to set up a virtual meeting.
- In addition to the physical health resources provided on protect.ku.edu, students in need of personal help are encouraged to connect with campus resources that help address psychological and emotional well-being. These include:
- The School of Business acknowledges the disproportionate effects that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on marginalized students and their communities. Students seeking support are encouraged to connect with the Undergraduate Business Council's DEI Task Force, including its PALs (Peer, Ally, Leader) program.
- If you believe you have been the target of racism or some other form of discrimination and harassment, please report the incident to Institutional Opportunity & Access at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-6414. For additional support, you can also contact the Office of Diversity & Equity at email@example.com or 785-864-4904.