Career advisors in Business Career Services are available to provide individualized guidance to your specific career objectives. The agenda of your appointment is up to you, but typical topics often include:
- Choosing a business major
- Resume assistance and critique
- Interview preparation
- Internship and job search advice
- Networking strategies and LinkedIn
- Managing multiple employment offers
- Salary negotiation
- Relocation strategies
- Mapping a career management strategy
Make an appointment
Spring 2021 career advising appointments will be virtual, with limited-in-person options.
To schedule a career advising appointment:
Virtual drop-ins will be offered from 1–3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. To join drop-ins:
- Log in to HireJayhawks.com and select “Request an Appointment” from the main menu on the home page. Click on the “Drop-In Now” button and follow the prompts to meet with a member of the BCS career advising team.
- Drop-in appointments are best for quick questions and will be limited to 15 minutes.
Business Career Services may be staffed in person from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Please note: Our reception desk will be managed remotely. We are unable to schedule appointments at our front desk at this time.
- Please call 785-864-5591.
We provide support to recent graduates and alumni of the KU School of Business. As a recent graduate, we offer a full extension of our comprehensive career services. For other alumni, we provide two complimentary one-on-one appointments. For needs that extend beyond two appointments, fees may be assessed.